July 1999. July is just another word for hot. It was indeed that in 1999 when I was sitting in my office realizing I would probably not have anyone want fireplaces or woodstoves til fall. The silence was only broken by the A/C cycling on and off.
The internet was still young. There was no Google, only search engines and I had only piddled with that strange thing, but I decided to type "solar energy" and hit enter.
Sixteen years later I find myself thinking of all the arrows taken to follow my passion for making a difference, however small, and smiling.
Holtek still does the fireplace thing, and we enjoy it. We’ve been at that since the mid-70’s. Helping someone get the right fireplace that is a gathering place for family and friends is too awesome to just push aside. That makes a difference, too. Another smile. It’s just that solar energy is helping in so many ways:
- Lower your electric bill.
- Investment return is now under 10 years and going down. (But it’s not all about the dollars!)
- Increase the value of your house (but no increase in property tax valuation)
- Reduce the use of finite supplies of fossil fuels.
- Solar uses no water to generate energy. Check out much fracking uses. (!)
- Reduces the strain on existing infrastructure by on-site generation.
If you think you would like to explore the possibility of having solar energy on your house or business, please give us a call. We love talking solar. It puts a smile on the face. We think it will do the same for you.